Friday, October 06, 2006

Things To Do For Fun

So, the question is, “What do I do for fun here in West Africa?” Well, obviously the list is endless because each day brings new adventures. Nonetheless, I will try and give you some of my favorite things:
  • Swimming – As is evident from my previous blog entries, I enjoy swimming. Mommy and I love to swim and swim and swim. I am getting good at swimming and I can go underwater holding my breath.
  • Playing with my friends – It took about a year, but I have finally figured out how to play with my friends in the village. Of course it took them the same amount of time to figure out how to play with me. Now we have lots of fun playing outside, inside, with toys, with nothing, dancing and anything else we can find to do.
  • Swinging – I am a big fan of swings. At first the people here were not sure what to think about me swinging and going so high, but I love it and they have learned to love it also. Just yesterday there were a bunch of teenage girls playing on my swinging seeing how high they could go. Some of them were a little scared, but they were having fun.
  • Watching TV – I enjoy watching television when we are back at our home that has electricity. Some of my favorite things to watch are Dora, VeggieTales, Disney movies (I really like Jungle Book right now), Punky Brewster, and Elmo.
  • Reading – I am big into reading books right now. I especially like the books with flip tabs that you open up to reveal more pictures.
  • Chasing Monkeys! – Okay, so I don’t really chase monkeys, but I just wanted to say that so I could put this picture of me and a monkey on my blog. Besides, my daddy says I am a monkey.

No comments: